- 1 What is MTN Xtratime?
- 1.1 Who is eligible To Borrow Airtime From MTN?
- 1.2 What is the minimum Airtime I can borrow from MTN
- 1.3 What are the eligibility requirements To Borrow Airtime From MTN
- 1.4 How to check if you are eligible To Borrow Airtime From MTN
- 1.5 Methods On How You Can Borrow Airtime From MTN (Xtratime)
- 1.6 How to Payback an outstanding Borrowed Credit from MTN
- 2 Conclusion
What is MTN Xtratime?
MTN Xtratime is a service that allows qualified prepaid customers to borrow airtime on credit when they run out of airtime and payback on their next recharge.
Who is eligible To Borrow Airtime From MTN?
Customers eligible for this service are prepaid customers which have a minimum between ₦0 – ₦12 on their account balance and meet the requirements to be eligible for the Xtratime credit.
What is the minimum Airtime I can borrow from MTN
Customers can borrow credit amounts up to N1000 or above depending on how frequently you recharge, the minimum airtime you can borrow is N25. So the more you Recharge the more you will get to qualify for higher Xtratime amount credit.
What are the eligibility requirements To Borrow Airtime From MTN
- Your phone number must be registered
- You must be a Prepaid customer
- You must be on the MTN network for 3months and above
- You must spend a minimum of N200 Monthly For 3months or more.
- Your account balance must be between N0 to N75
- Paid any outstanding XtraTime loan requested before.
How to check if you are eligible To Borrow Airtime From MTN
you can check your eligibility status for MTN Xtratime Credit with below guide steps I provided.
1. Dial *606#, clicking on ‘My Account’ and selecting ‘1’ from the list ‘Check eligibility’.
2. Or by Sending SMS, with the keyword: STATUS to 606
3. Or by Dialling 606 then follow the voice prompt to confirm if you are eligible or not.
Methods On How You Can Borrow Airtime From MTN (Xtratime)
Here we are going to look at the two methods MTN Prepaid customers can borrow airtime from MTN Xtratime.
Method 1: How to borrow Airtime from MTN Using the code *606# Menu:
1. Simply go to your phone dialer pad and dial *606# and select XtraTime from the list show.
2. And you select your preferred amount from the list available to you.
3. After selecting your preferred amount from the list, the system will then send you a message telling you the amount you borrow and the applicable service fee for you to confirm the transaction yourself.
4. Note that the system will deduct the service fee of 10% or 15%, credit on your XtraTime amount requested and they will credit you with the remaining airtime balance and send you a successful notification message.
Method 2: How to Borrow MTN Airtime using 606 IVR:
1. To borrow airtime from MTN simply Dial 606 and press the call command, the system will play an announcement that you can change your preferred language, either English, Igbo Hausa or Yoruba anyone you choose as you prefer.
2. So options will come with commands to select your preferred language, you will be required to select either XtraTime or XtraByte.
Note: Xtratime is different from XtraByte so we will talk about that later, make sure that you press the command of Xtratime.
3. Once you select XtraTime, the system will then list out all airtime amounts that you are qualified to borrow.
4. You are required to select your preferred amount from the list.
5. After selecting your preferred amount, the system will then still play you an announcement message with the amount you are about to borrow and the applicable service fee for you to confirm the transaction.
6. Once you confirm your transaction, the system will deduct the service fee, credit your XtraTime account with the remaining airtime balance and send you a successful notification message.
How to Payback an outstanding Borrowed Credit from MTN
All customers should note that all borrowed (Xtratime credit) are automatically billed on the next recharge you are doing. With a services charge of 10% or 15% of the amount you requested. you will be charged the amount you requested for instance if you borrow credit of N200 from MTN Xtratime, the actual amount to be available to you is not N200 but a 10% or 15% of the fee will be deducted from the N200. so whenever you load a recharge card, your outstanding Xtratime credit you borrow must be settled before you can stop seeing a subtraction sign in your main balance account meaning that you are owned.
To borrow credit from MTN is easy and you are receiving what you borrow almost instantly. you are just required to follow the above steps I provide. so don’t forget to share this post with family and friends. they may find it useful too.
Image Credit: MTN